Schrödinger, a leader in computational chemistry software and services for new materials discovery, is seeking a Sales Associate to join our team of commercial account managers.
You’ll be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and developing new software and services business within the materials science market. Your customer base will include scientists, departmental management, and senior executives. In addition, you’ll interact closely with Schrödinger’s applications scientists, product managers, members of the senior management team, and other account managers.
Your territory will be the Americas. The position will ideally be based in San Diego, but can also be performed form Portland by an exceptional applicant.
Who will love this job:
- An avid enthusiast of computational chemistry software, research informatics, and materials science
- An experienced sales strategist who enjoys communicating opportunities with colleagues and maintaining accurate sales forecasts
- A veteran account manager who’s knowledgeable about team selling
- An excellent communicator
- An enthusiastic traveler who’s willing to be on the road 20% of the time
What you’ll do:
- Establish new sales opportunities by identifying commercial targets and end user requirements
- Qualify new opportunities from target accounts to determine technical needs, timelines, budgets, and buying authority
- Develop and maintain exceptional account relationships through effective communication, education, reporting, and problem-solving
- Collect and actively communicate market trends to Schrödinger sales/product management
- Update and maintain sales records and marketing metrics that lead to accurate forecasting of projected business
- Accomplish business development activities by researching and developing marketing opportunities and planning activities to support the Materials Science team
- Provide technical feedback from clients to internal Product Managers and the Support teams
What you should have:
- At least three years’ experience successfully selling software/services in a science-based market
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry or a related science
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.