We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We hold the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run (156,000 cores!), and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Applications Science team, you’ll guide customers in their use of our groundbreaking molecular modeling suites and address challenging problems in drug discovery.
Who will love this job:
- An expert in computer-aided design (both theory and application). Specifically, strong expertise in three or more of the following areas: structure-based drug design for hit generation and lead optimization, molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- A creative people person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- An independent self-motivator who manages his/her own time well
What you’ll do:
- Provide pre- and post-sales software support, which includes demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitation of interactions between customers and product development teams, and providing general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research, both internal and in collaboration with customers
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- At least three years of industrial experience beyond a postdoc
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!