Schrödinger’s success is based on scientific software that has an impact on drug discovery and materials design. We take pride in the fact that our software improves human health and quality of life. We also take pride in our world-class engineering team, which creates the software that delivers the fundamental innovations developed by our scientists.
We are looking to add a developer to our infrastructure and tools team, which keeps our continuous integration running, builds tools that enhance the software engineering process, and maintains and optimizes the overall software delivery system.
We strive to keep our code as simple as possible so that we can build high quality solutions while keeping a practical focus on getting things done.
You will help us scale our build and test infrastructure to meet growing demands by our scientific developers. You will also help scientific developers understand and fix system problems.
Schrödinger offers a flexible work environment, provides lunch twice a week, breakfast twice a week, and has a ping pong and foosball tables. We regularly contribute back to open source projects that make our work possible. And, our employees stick around for years because this is a great place to work.
Our requirements are minimal because we believe that if you are a smart and reasonable developer that has an interest in learning that you will be able to pick up any specifics that you don’t already have.
- Good systems knowledge of Linux (or Windows).
- Ability to write maintainable, easily understood code in a modern language. (python, go)
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- At least 1-2 years work experience in software development.
Nice to Haves
- AWS/GCP/Kubernetes experience.
- Experience with a variety of development tools. (GitLab, Docker, Gerrit, reviewboard, Packer, Vault, etc.)
- C programming experience. While we don’t expect that you will be writing much (if any) C, real experience with C programming will help in diagnosing problems that scientific developers are having.
- Good Python knowledge. (Most of the code you write will be in Python.)
- Familiarity with build systems. (waf, make)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools. (Jenkins, buildbot)
- A love of automated testing as a way to minimize downtime and keep things running.
- Ability to write bash scripts. (We work hard to avoid long shell scripts but this still useful.)
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.