Schrödinger, a leader in the field of computational biochemistry, is seeking a software developer to improve and maintain the Backend code of our enterprise products.
If you are a Backend engineer with a passion for building fast, scalable, and performant enterprise products while reusing cutting-edge open source and freely available technologies and frameworks, then apply now!
We welcome individuals with a strong knowledge/interest in both applying new cutting-edge technologies and understanding the Chemistry, Biology, and Physics problems that our software helps to solve.
Come join our team (which includes alumni from Google/Microsoft as well as other startups) in our mission to improve human health and quality of life.
- Collaborate closely within a cross-functional agile team composed of product designers, developers, and testers to deliver features and functionality that meet business and product goals
- Design, build, and test components in problem areas including but not limited to data aggregation/transformation/reporting, real-time and batch data stream processing, and large-scale computations for an online collaborative multi-user application
- Always strive for performance, scalability, fault-tolerance, decoupling, and maintainability of architected solutions
- Implement unit tests, integration tests, and performance tests to drive development efficiency and meet product goals avoiding regressions
- Strong participation in a collaborative and supportive team environment with code reviews, high code quality best practices definition, and mentorship for junior devs
- Lead by example by going above and beyond and by never stop learning and improving
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related field
- Experience with programming in Python, Java, and/or C++
- Experience with relational/non-relational databases (Postgres is a plus)
- Strong object-oriented skills and design patterns knowledge
- Experience with source control (GIT, SVN, etc)
- Experience with relational or non-relational databases
- Linux/UNIX operating system and open source technologies
- Experience writing software that communicates directly with 3rd party software (e.g. crawlers, automation scripts, API’s)
- Proficient interpersonal skills (oral/verbal communication), complemented by an ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Independent time management skills
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and a willingness to learn and teach to junior devs
- Experience with large scale distributed computing (MapReduce, Hadoop, Distributed Computing)
- Experience with micro services architectures
- Experience with real-time stream processing architectures (Kafka Streams, Storm, Flink, etc)
- Experience building a system that operated on greater than 10 machines
- Familiar with log processing, aggregation, and data analysis
- Scalability / Redundancy / High volume environments
- Experience with Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery systems
- Science minor or independent interest (chemistry, physics, biology, or related)
We are prepared to offer a highly competitive compensation package for an exceptionally well-qualified candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 3+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.