We’re looking to hire a Systems Administrator to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like AstraZeneca, Bayer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our IT and Operations team, you’ll play a crucial role in the maintenance and development of Schrödinger’s infrastructure. By building solutions in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll help scientists accelerate their research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. We’re looking to hire someone with a strong systems background who understands not only what to do, but why to do it.
Who will love this job:
- A Linux professional who’s also familiar with Mac and Windows
- A systems architecture and troubleshooting whiz
- An automation fanatic with great Python/bash skills
- An innovator who’s willing to take initiative
- An excellent communicator and team player
What you’ll do:
- System administration using automation pipelines and tools (e.g., Ansible, Salt and Git). Administration, development and testing of the automation pipelines themselves.
- Enable the work of Schrödinger scientists and developers by providing support for their IT equipment (workstations, laptops, cellphones).
- Build and maintain modern cloud IT infrastructures in AWS, GCP and ESX.
- Help to create and further develop full infrastructure automation through "Infrastructure as Code" DevOps practices.
- Work with senior IT team members on new infrastructure project design and implementation across regions.
What you’ll need:
- Strong systems administration background in a Linux environment (RedHat or CentOS)
- Understanding of networking concepts and network troubleshooting skills
- Familiarity with writing and maintaining automation pipelines (e.g., Ansible, Salt)
- High level of comfort with Windows and Mac OSX administration
- Python/bash proficiency
- Familiarity with directory infrastructure technologies such as SAML, Okta, LDAP and AD
- At least two years of experience as IT administrator
- Fluency in English
- Good knowledge of Infrastructure as Code technologies (e.g., Terraform) is beneficial
Sounds exciting? Apply today and join us! We offer highly competitive compensation packages to exceptionally well-qualified candidates. Salary negotiable.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.