Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our Drug Discovery Group of over 60 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past 7 years have progressed into the clinic; two are still progressing through trials and two have been approved by the FDA.
We are looking for a highly motivated structural biologist with demonstrated experience in the fields of X-ray crystallography and cryoEM. The ideal candidate will have a thorough understanding of both of these methodologies and broad experience using the computational tools required for structure determination.
- Provide expertise in structure solution and refinement to the Drug Discovery Group
- Participate as a member of multiple internal drug discovery teams
- Contribute to the work of identifying new potential drug targets which are amenable to Schrödinger’s technology platform
- Provide oversight of the work of structural biology CROs, including assessment and further refinement of the structures they provide from both X-ray crystallography and cryoEM
- Participate in ongoing research and development of Schrödinger’s technology for solving and refining protein structures
Essential Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- Ph.D. in chemistry, computational biology, chemical physics, or related fields
- Understanding of structural biology methods
- Expertise with a broad range of software tools in protein crystallography and cryoEM
- Peer-reviewed publications in structural biology or related fields
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Five or more years of relevant industrial experience
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Knowledge of drug discovery processes and experience collaborating in a drug discovery environment
- Knowledge of computational chemistry methods, especially molecular dynamics
- Familiarity with protein modifications to improve their ability to crystallize
- Experience building models where the resolution of experimental data is very limiting
- Experience with methods used to model protein loops without direct experimental results
- Knowledge of protein homology modeling and relationships between protein sequence and structure
- Experience with Python
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work 2018.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.