Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 20 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations.
We’re searching for an experienced quantum mechanics scientist to work closely with industrial and academic contacts, helping them use first-principles simulations to discover, analyze, and optimize new materials and processes. This role will involve delivering presentations to customers, leading technical discussions, validating new computational methods, writing high-impact scientific publications, training, and help customers solve challenging scientific and engineering problems. Additionally, applications scientists act as a critical link between our customers and Schrödinger software developers, sales, and marketing, providing feedback on technology requirements, feature enhancements, and use-case scenarios.
Applications scientists are expected to gain high proficiency with Schrödinger simulation software that is applied to critical technology areas, including catalysis, energy storage, electronics, aerospace, and specialty chemicals. This duties of this position could be performed from New York, Portland, or San Diego.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or Physics
- Expertise in the application of first-principles simulation, quantum chemistry, or solid-state modeling to identify solutions to solve real-world problems in materials science
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Proven research track record
- Experience managing others, collaborating and/or cooperating on a team of diverse scientists
- Willingness to travel to customer sites for meetings (~40% of the time)
- Significant relevant experience (however, exceptional candidates at all levels will be considered)
- Understanding of technology issues and industrial R&D, either directly or via collaboration
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.