Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is searching for a scientific lecturer, trainer, and educationalist to be based in San Diego, California. This position will involve working with customers in academia and industry to convey fundamental concepts in computational chemistry and drug design while training them in the use of Schrödinger software.
Primary job responsibilities include customer training, preparing educational materials, organizing workshops, engaging in scientific discussions, giving presentations to groups of scientists, and demonstrating optimal use of the software. The candidate will gain in-depth familiarity with our entire suite of small-molecule, biologics, and materials science software, including packages for docking, molecular simulations, homology modeling, pharmacophore modeling, cheminformatics, and quantum mechanics.
Who will love this job:
- An expert in computer-aided design (both theory and application). Specifically, expertise in three or more of the following areas: structure-based drug design for hit generation and lead optimization, molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, and/or quantum mechanics
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- A creative people person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- A strong team player who is self-motivated and manages his/her own time well
- Deep understanding and practical application of pedagogy related to science communication
- Familiarity with video editing software
- Enjoys coordinating events and outreach activities
- Willingness to travel
What you’ll do:
- Provide pre- and post-sales software support and training, including demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites and providing general scientific guidance
- Create and update content for tutorials, workshops, and courses
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research, both internal and in collaborations
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
In addition to a PDF resume, please provide a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great fit for the Education team.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.