Schrödinger, a leader in computational chemistry software and services for new materials discovery, is seeking a Payroll & Equity Specialist to join our team.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. In 2013, we set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run in science, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the applications we’ve created.
As part of the Finance team, you will be responsible for processing payroll while assisting with equity administration. This position interacts with all employees at various levels, multiple locations, and across departments. This role consistently makes a visible contribution to its fellow employees and the company as a whole by ensuring accuracy, the timely processing of various types of compensation, and by providing excellent customer service to your co-workers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review and process semi-monthly payroll in ADP Workforce Now.
- Coordinate employee compensation related actions with HR and Finance.
- Respond to all questions and requests in a prompt and timely manner.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality in order to maintain employee confidence and protect sensitive payroll data.
- Follow federal, state, and local legal requirements and company procedures to ensure compliance.
- Keep up to date on changes in rules and regulations and software upgrades.
- Provide payroll reports to Finance, HR, and management as requested.
- Process terminations, garnishments and other payroll actions in accordance with company policy and state and federal rules and regulations.
- Maintain stock option grants and exercises in Certent and ADP.
- Prepare payroll related journal entries and reconciliations as part of the month-end close process.
- Assist with annual worker’s compensation and 401k audits.
- Recommend changes to processes and procedures to increase effectiveness.
- Maintain good working relationships with other team members and departments.
- Bachelor’s degree or related experience preferred
- 5+ years’ experience processing multi-state payroll; global payroll processing a plus, FPC or CPP preferred
- Strong working knowledge of payroll requirements and state and federal tax codes.
- Working knowledge of Payroll/HRIS systems, ADP WFN preferred
- Familiarity with equity management systems a plus, Certent preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office applications as well as Google’s counterparts, with advanced Excel & Google Sheets skills
- Strong customer service and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Impeccable attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team-oriented environment