Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group of over 80 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past 7 years have progressed into the clinic; three are still progressing through trials and one is approved by the FDA.
We are seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Scientist with deep expertise in oncology to join our Drug Discovery team. The successful candidate will have a track record of innovative and collaborative research, demonstrated through project milestone delivery and peer-reviewed publications. The successful candidate is expected to be involved in significant interaction and collaboration within the company and with external KOLs/partners/CROs to support preclinical target validation and guide projects towards clinical development.
- Guide research strategy and experimentation on small molecule oncology discovery programs
- Advance oncology research programs from pre-clinical to clinical stage
- Lead new target identification and validation efforts
- Participate in multidisciplinary team efforts to make decisions on compound and program progression
- Lead interactions with KOLs and serve as a disease biology expert on cross functional discovery teams
- Stay informed on trends and emerging developments regarding research and development in the fields of oncology
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in cancer biology or related field with 8+ years postgraduate oncology drug discovery experience
- In-depth knowledge/understanding of cancer pathways, cellular and animal models across solid tumor and hematologic malignancies, as well as various mechanisms of therapeutic response and resistance
- Demonstrated success as a lead biologist advancing novel scientific discoveries that impacted the course of clinical development
- Experience in managing external studies at CROs and academic collaborators including monitoring study execution and ensuring finalization of study reports within set timeline
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Skilled at working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience on translational research, IND-enabling studies, as well as early clinical development
- Knowledge of epigenetics, DNA damage repair, cancer genetics, and precision medicine
- Proven record of innovative thinking to propose and champion new ideas and solve problems
- Comfortable working across a number of disease areas and able to shift gears quickly.
- Must be open to change and the unknown with a creative and resourceful nature; a self-starter, proactive and results-oriented with high performance standards
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.