Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 25 years of experience developing software solutions for quantum mechanics-, molecular dynamics-, and machine learning-based chemical simulation and prediction.
We're searching for a Materials Science Applications Scientist to work closely with our industrial and academic contacts. This role involves delivering presentations to customers, leading technical discussions, validating new methods, writing high-impact scientific publications, training, and working with customers to enable them to solve challenging scientific and engineering problems. Additionally, Applications Scientists act as a critical link between our customers and Schrödinger software developers, sales, and marketing. They provide feedback on technology requirements, feature enhancements, and use-case scenarios.
We expect Applications Scientists to gain high proficiency with Schrödinger simulation software that is applied to critical technology areas, including optoelectronics, catalysis, energy storage, semiconductors, aerospace, polymers, and specialty chemicals.
- Ph.D. (or extensive experience) in Chemistry, Materials Science, Engineering, Physics, or related fields
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skills
- Ability to conduct independent research
- A broad knowledge of molecular modeling theory and applications
- Extensive experience with the application of at least one of the following groups of simulation methods for materials or complex chemicals:
o Quantum mechanics
o Molecular dynamics
o Coarse-grained simulations
o Machine/deep learning, chemical informatics, and data analysis
- Willingness to travel to customer sites for meetings (~40% of the time)
- Fluency in English (written and spoken)
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- Python programming experience
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.