Schrödinger, Inc., a leader in computational chemistry software and services for preclinical drug discovery, is seeking an energetic, highly driven and goal-oriented individual to join our team of commercial account managers.
You will be responsible for identifying, qualifying, and developing new software and services business within the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries. Your customer base will include scientists, departmental management, and senior pharma/biotech executives. In addition, you’ll interact closely with Schrödinger’s applications scientists, product managers, members of the senior management team, and other account managers working in a strong team environment. This position provides a unique and exciting opportunity to interact closely with some of the most prominent scientists and executives in our industry.
Your territory will be accounts in the Northeastern United States.
- Create and implement strategic sales plans for all allocated accounts
- Manage all team engagements with assigned accounts to ensure objectives are met
- Develop and maintain exceptional account relationships at all levels through effective communication, education, reporting and problem-solving
- Provide feedback from clients to internal Product Managers and the Support teams
- Collect and actively communicate market trends to Schrödinger sales/product management
- Extensive and deep familiarity with computational chemistry software, research informatics and/or drug discovery processes
- A minimum of five years of selling software/services in the drug discovery/development domain
- A solid track record of successful sales (quota and new business growth)
- A demonstrated knowledge of strategic sales approaches and a track record in key account management and team selling
- A verifiable history of positive customer relationships
- A strong ability to present and communicate scientifically-sophisticated solutions to address complex research problems
- Able to develop effective sales strategies, communicate opportunities with colleagues and maintain an accurate sales forecast
- Must be self sufficient in closing deals including negotiations, terms, procurement, and managing the implementation of our solutions
- Willingness to travel
- Able to multi-task, perform under pressure, exhibit creative problem-solving, be organized, and take direction from management
- The ideal candidate will be optimistic, confident, customer-oriented, innovative, honest, and be responsible for meeting their own and their team objectives
- Experience selling specialist scientific or enterprise solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Biology or a related science
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.