Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our cross-functional drug discovery group of over 70 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational and medicinal chemists, crystallographers, structural biologists, biochemists, biologists, pharmacologists, metabolism experts and translational scientists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Several of the programs we have worked on have progressed into the clinic and are progressing through trials some of which have been approved by the FDA.
We are seeking a highly motivated and seasoned individual with drug discovery and translational PK/PD experience to work as part of cross-functional project teams. The selected candidate is expected to provide leadership, effective decision-making and enable advancement of drug candidates into clinical development, by demonstrating the following.
- Creating the vision for the Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetic (DMPK) group.
- Leading/overseeing the initiation and execution of DMPK strategy for programs.
- Directing CRO(s) to design and perform timely and cost effective in vitro and in vivo ADME studies to identify key compounds for advancement. Ensuring CRO resources are diversified, optimally engaged and appropriately utilized.
- Managing ADME data generation and interpretation for drug discovery programs.
- Designing and executing in vitro and in vivo studies to troubleshoot any ADME issues.
- Collaborating with biologists to design and interpret in vivo efficacy studies in animal models to assess PK/PD correlation of drug candidates, including the appropriate use of modeling and simulation to support these activities where evidence of prior success will be an advantage.
- Participating in multidisciplinary team efforts to make decisions on compound and program progression, including in the context of external collaborations.
- Resolving complex business and scientific problems through the application of excellent scientific judgment and broad research and development acumen.
- Driving human dose projection estimates and supports clinical trial design, where needed, based on DDI risk analysis and other relevant factors.
- Leading/overseeing assembly of DMPK-related data sets and information packages for regulatory submissions and health authority interactions.
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in pharmacokinetics or other related discipline with 8+ years of drug discovery experience.
- A sound understanding of pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) principles and PK/PD correlation.
- Experience in drug discovery programs across therapeutic areas.
- Experience in managing external studies at CROs and academic collaborators including monitoring study execution and ensuring finalization of study reports within set timelines.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Skilled at working in a multidisciplinary environment.
- Experience on translational research, toxicology, IND-enabling studies, as well as early clinical development.
- Comfortable working across a number of disease areas and able to shift gears quickly.
- Open to change and the unknown with a creative and resourceful nature; a self-starter, proactive and results-oriented with high performance standards.
We are prepared to offer a highly competitive compensation package and a flexible work environment for an exceptionally well-qualified candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement.