Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods applied to drug design. We are currently looking for outstanding interns to join our Competitive Intelligence team. The participants will be responsible for biopharmaceutical ecosystem and competitive landscape analysis for targets and programs of interest to Schrödinger’s Discovery and Development group. The intern will assist in generating knowledge maps for potential programs and analyzing trends, emerging data & opportunities related to existing programs in a highly dynamic and cooperative environment.
Our drug discovery group of over 70 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with decades of combined drug discovery experience. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers. Three of the programs Schrödinger has worked on in the past 7 years have progressed into the clinic and one received FDA approval earlier this year.
The business development intern will have the opportunity to learn about the formation of drug discovery strategic initiatives, business development projects and business analytics.
- Support business development projects.
- Prepare presentations to summarize the competitive landscape (preclinical and clinical), market and competitive analyses for our pipeline products to provide key insights on opportunities and differentiation to the management team
- Identify and build a solid scientific and business case for new opportunities for collaborations and licenses through analysis of drug targets, disease biology, industry trends and breakthrough technologies
- Perform and present in-depth business and scientific due diligence on programs of interest, including review of scientific literature and clinical data, pipelines, recent acquisition/licensing deals, conference proceedings, industry and analyst reports and patents
- Work closely with the drug discovery and business development team, as well as data science and library professionals; and externally, by networking with industry experts to gather insights
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree (Masters, MBA or Ph.D) in Life Science or other relevant science or medical or biotech industry business experience
- Solid understanding of the biotech business and excellent networking ability
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills with the ability to interpret large amounts of data and distill and communicate key themes/messages/information
- Some familiarity with business analytics market and asset research techniques, due diligence and financial modeling
- Ability to effectively synthesize, disseminate and communicate insights to relevant stakeholders in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability as a detail-oriented self-starter who can work as a cross-functional team member and can deliver results and insights in a timely manner
- Clear and professional verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skill
- Excellent organizational skills
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.