We’re looking to hire a Revenue Manager to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Accounting team, you’ll play a crucial role in tracking and growing our revenue. By collaborating with our Sales, Legal, Licensing, and Professional Services departments, you’ll assure the responsible recording of our company income and lead the charge towards growing it.
Who will love this job:
- A certified public accountant who’s knowledgeable about ASC 606 revenue guidance (post-implementation)
- A diligent reader, interpreter, and summarizer of legal language in contracts
- An Excel expert who pays attention to detail
- A NetSuite professional who can work independently with minimal direction
- An excellent communicator with fantastic organizational skills
What you’ll do:
- Review complex software and service contracts and schedule revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP and ASC 606
- Analyze and document the revenue treatment of completed deals
- Analyze the stand-alone selling price, management judgements, and other assumptions used to assess revenue recognition under ASC 606
- Analyze operating results and provide revenue trend analysis to management
- Perform monthly and quarterly close procedures
- Interact with and provide information to external auditors as necessary
- Sit in on collaborative business committees and advise on revenue best practices or impact
- Lead or assist in special projects as necessary
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting and Public Accountant Certification
- At least three years of relevant revenue recognition experience within the software/high tech industry (public accounting or public company)
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. Our company culture is relaxed but engaged, and we have four weeks of paid vacation time.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.