Schrödinger, a leader in computational biochemistry and materials discovery software, is seeking a talented User Experience Designer who excels at visual communication, understands user needs, and loves solving complex problems with elegant software solutions.
Schrödinger’s mission is to improve human health and quality of life through revolutionary computational methods. The User Experience Group contributes to this mission at the intersection of design, science, and technology by providing a user-centered product vision and creative leadership to our software teams.
This is a collaborative position that requires the ability to communicate with stakeholders across diverse internal teams, as well as external users in industry and academia. Your designs will help enable research teams around the world to work more effectively, accelerate scientific discovery, and contribute to ambitious human health and materials initiatives.
The better our UX, the bigger our impact.
Who will love this job
- A scientifically-minded designer who wants to make a positive contribution to the worlds of medicine and materials
- A team player who thrives in a creative, dynamic, and intellectual environment with a mix of academics and engineers
- A lifelong learner with an interest in human factors psychology and a passion for tackling intricate design challenges
What you’ll do
- Critically analyze existing UIs and create improved design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
- Work with designers, scientists, software engineers, product managers, and customers to craft new application designs that help revolutionize drug and materials discovery
- Conduct usability studies and user research to iteratively improve workflows and overall customer experience
- Execute full lifecycle of research gathering, mockups, process flows, prototypes, high-fidelity designs via agile UX practices, iterating on user stories that communicate detailed interaction behavior
- Be a passionate advocate for the user within the company
What you’ll need
- CV or resume with online portfolio of user-centric design solutions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional experience
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- A thorough comprehension of technology and how it affects human-computer interaction
- Proficiency in a major design application, such as Photoshop
- Proficiency in wireframing and prototyping
- Coursework in chemistry, biology, physics, or other scientific field
- Experience working in a commercial software environment
- Experience in data visualization (scientific, analytic, CAD, etc.)
- Experience in technical and creative writing
Please include a portfolio of your work with your application.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.