Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 20 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations.
We’re seeking an experienced Materials Science Validation Scientist to test and validate the new methods and scientific functionality of our Materials Suite at a high level. By keeping close tabs on issues of interest to our users, you’ll play a crucial role in the insurance of customer satisfaction and in the continual development of cutting edge tools for materials design and development impacting diverse applications and industries. As a member of our Materials Science team, you can expect to gain a high proficiency with Schrödinger simulation software that is applied to critical technology areas, including consumer goods, automotive, aerospace, and specialty chemicals.
This position could be performed from New York or Portland.
Who will love this job:
- A materials scientist with broad knowledge of molecular modeling theory and applications
- An experienced product manager who understands molecular QM, periodic QM, and/or molecular dynamics
- A highly proficient programmer (Python preferred)
- An excellent communicator and presenter
What you’ll do:
- Test new methodologies
- Develop and report use cases
- Provide timely feedback to the development team regarding new features and functionality
- Aid the Schrödinger materials community with scientific advice and support
- Troubleshoot user difficulties
- Log and track problems and enhancement requests
What you should have:
- PhD or MS in materials science, physics, or a related field
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us! We offer highly competitive compensation packages to exceptionally well-qualified candidates. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement. Salary negotiable.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.