We’re looking to hire an Applications Scientist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We recently set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run in science (156,000 cores!), and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the applications we’ve created.
As a member of our European Applications Science team, you’ll guide customers in their use of our groundbreaking molecular modeling suites, support them in their research and address challenging problems in drug discovery.
This position is located in Schrödinger’s office in Mannheim, Germany.
Who will love this job:
- A computer-aided design enthusiast (both in theory and application). Specifically, solid experience in structure-based drug design as it applies to hit generation and lead optimization
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- An aficionado in the application of AI/Machine Learning methods to pharmaceutical research
- A creative people person who enjoys helping others solve problems
- An independent self-motivator who manages his/her own time well
What you’ll do:
- Provide pre- and post-sales software support, which includes demonstration of optimal use of our life science software suites, facilitation of interactions between customers and product development teams, and providing general scientific guidance
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research, both internal and in collaboration with customers
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD in computational chemistry, biophysics, or a related field
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- Experience using AI/Machine learning models for drug design
- Experience in one of the following is a plus: molecular dynamics simulations/enhanced sampling/free energy calculation methods, ligand-based drug design, chemoinformatics, quantum mechanics, and/or structural modeling
- Excellent language skills (great verbal and written English, with preferred proficiency in French)
- Python programming experience
- Willingness to travel about 20% of the time
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.