We’re looking to hire a Senior Accountant to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. FEP+, WaterMap, Glide, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
- Assist in researching complex accounting issues and resolves significant and/or non-routine accounting transactions.
- Assist in preparing documentation and accounting position memos.
- Assist in researching and planning implementation of new accounting pronouncements.
- Assist with financial reporting and monthly close process.
- Assist in preparing monthly management reporting.
- Assist with internal control compliance.
- Assist in preparing the Company’s federal and state tax returns, by supplying outside accounting firms with financial statements, supporting schedules, and reconciliations, as needed.
- Perform other special projects and duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information, able to organize and process diverse financial and accounting information, collects and researches data, uses intuition and experience to complement data, designs workflows and procedures.
- Problem Solving - Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, gathers and analyzes information skillfully, develops alternative solutions, works well in group problem solving situations, uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations, gives full attention to what others are saying without interrupting, takes time to fully understand what is being said and effectively expresses ideas and opinions.
- Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively, reviews work for spelling and grammar, adapts writing style to meet needs of different audiences, presents numerical data effectively, able to read and interpret technical information.
- Teamwork & Collaboration - Balances team and individual responsibilities, exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views, gives and welcomes feedback, contributes to building a positive team spirit, puts success of team above own interests, supports everyone's efforts to succeed, includes when appropriate and works effectively with other individuals and departments to accomplish company goals.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner, reacts well under pressure, Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position, keeps emotions under control, focuses on resolving conflict not blaming, maintains confidentiality, accepts responsibility for own actions, follows through on commitments.
- Project Management – Develops project plans, coordinates projects, communicates changes and progress, completes projects on time and budget, manages project team activities and effectively manages multiple projects simultaneously.
- Organizational Support - Completes tasks correctly and on time, supports organization's goals and values, demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness, looks for ways to improve and promote quality outcomes.
- Education and/or Experience – Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Accounting required. A minimum of 4 years of professional accounting experience in a corporate environment or 2 years of relevant experience at a CPA firm. CPA designation preferred.
- Communication Skills – Ability to read, analyze and interpret accounting pronouncements, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations with other employees of the organization.
- Reasoning Ability – Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out instructions furnished as written or oral.
Computer Skills – An individual must have knowledge of accounting software, must be highly proficient with spreadsheet programs such as Microsoft Excel and other software as deemed necessary.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. Our company culture is relaxed but engaged, and we have four weeks of paid vacation time.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.