We’re looking to hire a Software Engineer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi, as well as leaders in organic electronics, polymer science, and other materials areas. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our LiveDesign team, you’ll join alumni of Google, Microsoft, and other tech startups to improve and maintain the backend code of Enterprise products used by our Materials Science customers. Using your strong grasp of development fundamentals and interest in chemistry and/or physics, you’ll help us revolutionize the way materials are designed.
Who will love this job:
- A skilled programmer who’s written software in Java and/or Python that communicates directly with third-party software (crawlers, automation scripts, APIs)
- A relational or non-relational database expert
- A large-scale distributed computing whiz (MapReduce, Hadoop, Distributed Computing) who’s built systems that operated on more than ten machines and is generally familiar with scalability, performance capability, redundancy, and/or high-volume environments
- An experienced source controller (GIT, SVN, etc.)
- An enthusiastic open-source technician
- A proficient Linux/UNIX operator
- A log processing and data analysis adept
- A devoted student of chemistry or physics
- An excellent communicator with solid time-management skills
What you’ll do:
- Collaborate with product designers, developers, and testers to deliver features and functionality that meet business and product goals
- Design, build, and test performance components in problem areas including data aggregation/transformation/reporting and large-scale computations for a collaborative multi-user application
- Exercise your own judgment and get support from teammates to architect and implement robust, maintainable solutions
- Implement unit tests and integration tests to drive development efficiency
- Participate in an environment that encourages learning and high code quality
What you should have:
- BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or a related field
Check out the website for our platform here.
We are prepared to offer a highly competitive compensation package for an exceptionally well-qualified candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 3+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.