Schrödinger, a scientific software company serving researchers worldwide in commercial and academic institutions, is seeking a Product Marketing Specialist to join its Marketing team either in Portland, Oregon or New York City. The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of computational chemistry or drug discovery with an interest in developing compelling marketing materials. This role is the glue that binds our product strategy to the tactics we need to drive success in sales and marketing. You will be the product advocate within our marketing team and will have an integral role in communicating the scientific value of our offerings to potential customers.
We’re looking for someone who can learn things quickly, accept feedback constructively, and possesses an intense commitment to detail-oriented work; someone who can operate well on their own while also multi-tasking to achieve team goals as we collaborate with a variety of teams and stakeholders.
- Collaborate closely with product development, sales and application science teams to develop product marketing materials
- Create written and graphical content such as white papers, case studies, flyers, videos, website copy and blog posts
- Update the corporate website
- Work with product teams to uncover value propositions and positioning statements
- 2+ years of computational chemistry or relevant scientific experience
- Proven skills in scientific writing
- Exceptional communication skills
- Well-organized and detail oriented
- A working knowledge of common computational chemistry techniques
- Exceptional computer skills, including MS Office and Google Docs, marketing software (Adobe Suite, Marketo, Drupal) and applications (Google Analytics, WebEx)
- Creative thinker that enjoys working in a collaborative setting
- A bachelor’s level degree or higher in a relevant science subject
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.