We’re seeking a Frontend Engineer to aid us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. We set the record for the world’s largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of novel therapeutics and materials. FEP+, Glide, Maestro, WaterMap, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of the LiveDesign team, you’ll join a group of passionate engineers, entrepreneurs, scientists, and tinkerers in their efforts to develop a rich web application that allows scientists to leverage the power of physics-based simulations through all stages of the drug discovery process. Using your love of web development and eye for coding quality, you will play an essential role in virtual experimentation on massive compute grids and the analysis of the resulting data.
Who will love this job:
- An proficient integrator of RESTful web services
- A source controller (i.e., Git, SVN) who has experience with asynchronous and event driven programming on a real project
- A computer scientist with an interest in chemistry, physics, or biology
- An excellent verbal and written communicator with great interpersonal skills
- An independent time manager who’s enthusiastic about learning new methods to solve challenging problems
What you’ll do:
- Work with product designers, touch the full technology stack, and use your own judgement to fill in gaps as you deliver features and functionality to meet business and product goals
- Collaborate with other frontend engineers to architect solutions
- Work with a cross-functional agile team of geographically disparate members
- Design and build usable interfaces that scale
- Implement features using appropriate software design patterns and best practices
- Participate in code reviews
- Implement integration tests and unit tests to drive development
- Demonstrate shippable quality code to achieve story acceptance
What you’ll need:
- At least four years of web development experience
- An ability to write well-abstracted, reusable code for UI components
- Familiarity with Python / Web Services is a plus
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us! We offer highly competitive compensation packages to exceptionally well-qualified candidates. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement. Salary negotiable.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.