We’re looking to hire a Junior Security Analyst to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our Information Security team, you’ll play a crucial role in securing Schrödinger’s infrastructure and data. By building solutions in a highly collaborative space, you’ll provide a secure environment to help scientists accelerate their research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. We’re looking to hire someone with security operations experience who understands how to implement security without impeding innovation.
Who will love this job:
- A security triage enthusiast who follows the latest threats and remediations
- A Linux aficionado who’s also familiar with Macintosh security
- An innovator who’s willing to take initiative
- An excellent communicator and team-player
What you’ll do:
- Respond to security incidents generated by Firewalls, EDR systems, and actual people
- Utilize modern authentication infrastructure such as SAML, Okta, LDAP and RADIUS
- Hunt for vulnerabilities and threats, preferably in an automated way
- Work with senior IT team members on new project implementations
What you’ll need:
- Experience with security tools, including IDS, SIEM, EDR, and CASB
- Knowledge of security in a Linux-focused environment.
- Familiarity with scripting and automation tools such as Python, Ruby, Bash, etc.
- 3+ years of IT experience, 1+ years security operations experience
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.