We’re looking to hire an ADME Modeling Specialist to join us in our mission to design drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We hold the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run (156,000 cores!), and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. WaterMap, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Drug Discovery team, you’ll join over 60 designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, and biologists in an environment that is supported by a large-scale compute infrastructure and over 100 developers. You’ll supervise drug candidate design, define differentiation strategies, determine drug disposition mechanisms and target pharmacology, interpret toxicokinetic profiles, and establish human dose predictions. In the last seven years, four of the programs we’ve worked on have reached the clinic; we need you to help us advance the next drug candidate.
Who will love this job:
- An accomplished PK/PD (non-compartmental, compartmental, PBPK) modeler who has a deep understanding of and appreciation for pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic principles, as well as a passion for the theoretical and statistical aspects of advanced mathematical modeling and simulation
- An eager student of biological sciences who’s willing to build on a solid foundation of quantitative skills to develop mechanistically-relevant PK/PD models
- An interdisciplinary self-starter who’s comfortable working across a number of disease areas and shifting gears quickly
- A veteran of translational research, toxicology, IND-enabling studies, and early clinical development
What you’ll do:
- Design and construct novel predictive ADME models based on literature and/or experimental data
- Develop predictive mechanistic pharmacology models to guide discovery teams to select appropriate compounds and molecular targets
- Apply empirical and/or model-based interspecies scaling of PK/PD and make human dose projections
- Participate in multidisciplinary team efforts to make decisions on compound and program progression
What you should have:
- PhD in pharmacokinetics or a related discipline
- At least five years of drug discovery experience
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.