At Schrödinger Corporation, a Japanese subsidiary of Schrödinger in the United States, we’re looking to hire a Solutions Architect to join us in our mission to work together with our customers to design materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We hold the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run (156,000 cores), and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. WaterMap, LiveDesign, and the Materials Science Suite are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Materials Science team, you’ll play a key role in customer support. Keeping your cool while squashing problems as they arise, you’ll work across disciplines to make sure that our users are successful in their application of our tools at every step of the way. We expect whoever fills this position to learn quickly, wear many hats, and share ideas concerning business and organization, as well as science and engineering.
Who will love this job:
● A desktop and HPC technology expert (i.e., distributed resource management systems, high-performance interconnects, application deployment systems, networking)
● A passionate Linux system administrator
● A cloud and GPGPU computing guru
● An accomplished performance assessor/manager under Linux and Windows
● A dedicated and motivated troubleshooter (both remote and on-site)
● An outstanding communicator who loves practical problem-solving
● An enthusiastic traveler
What you’ll do:
● Ensure optimal performance of our software in the customer environment, whether it’s a small-scale desktop setup or a sophisticated HPC or cloud infrastructure
● Install, configure, and update/maintain on-site installations of top-tier customers
● Work with global IT team to support and improve our internal infrastructure
● Design optimal deployment strategies
● Collaborate with product managers and developers to improve the deployment and configuration aspects of our core modeling software suite
● Interface with scientists, engineers, product managers, and account managers frequently to solve business and technical problems
What you should have:
● BA/BS from a top university in Engineering, Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, or a related field
● Scripting skills in at least one language (i.e., bash, python, perl, java, etc.)
● An interest in molecular modeling (i.e., QM, MD, QSPR, etc.)
● Business level (or higher) English
● Conversation level (or higher) Japanese
Pay and Perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a generous benefits plan, which includes mutual-aid retirement plans, over three weeks of paid vacation time, numerous company holidays, a parental leave program, and healthcare through our partnership with the Japanese Health Insurance Association.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.