We’re looking to hire a Desmond Developer to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
Who will love this job:
- A proficient programmer (Python/C++ preferred) who can write clear, maintainable, and highly organized object-oriented code
- A scientist who’s skilled in the application of molecular simulation and QM methods in model validation
- An experienced small molecule and protein modeler
What you’ll do:
- Develop new methods and workflows to expand the capabilities of our simulation software
- Maintain and improve existing code to fix bugs and add new features
- Create and monitor tests to ensure the accuracy of our predictions
What you’ll need:
- A strong grasp of software development fundamentals and test-driven development practices
- At least intermediate-level knowledge of Python/C++ programming
- Master’s or PhD in Chemistry, Biology, Physics, or a related field
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401(k), pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. Our company culture is relaxed but engaged, and we have four weeks of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.