Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is looking for an Office Manager in our Portland, Oregon office.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Front of office coverage: receiving visitors, calls, deliveries and packages as well as organizing daily back-up coverage of reception by Facilities Associate and Administrative Assistant.
- Planning, budgeting, booking and executing of extensive office Quality of Life initiatives, including monthly office-wide entertainment and team building events (internal and external), holiday parties, and regular weekly food program (which includes weekly lunches and breakfasts).
- Liaising with building management, security and cleaning services
- Point person for internal events and meetings in the Portland office (conference room scheduling, logistics, catering).
- Local point person for office moves and constructions projects working closely with IT, local contractors, architects and moving projects; ownership of office floor plan.
- Supervision (and vacation coverage) of full-time Facilities Associate, who has responsibility for daily stocking of beverages, snacks and office/bathroom supplies and light handy-person office tasks (picture hanging, furniture assembly etc.).
- General administrative support for IT team and CIO. Responsibilities include monthly expense reports, IT purchasing and (light) travel coordinating.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent critical thinker with exceptional professional communication skills.
- Be detail oriented and highly organized.
- Be proficient in using G-Suite Applications.
- Translate a love of Portland into Quality of Life initiatives for our Portland employees.
- Have a flexible, accommodating personality and ability to work well both independently and as part of a team.
- Take pride in being part of a dynamic IT / Facilities and Operations team.
- Be comfortable and able to help move boxes and/or light furniture as needed.
Pay And Perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, and a parental leave program. Our company culture is relaxed but engaged, and we have four weeks of paid vacation time.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.