Who We Are/What We Do
Our mission is to dramatically improve human health and quality of life by developing and applying advanced computational methods that transform the way new medicines are designed.
We develop a rich web application for drug researchers that assists them in deciding on the best compounds to synthesize. Our platform gives access to an unparalleled combination of collaboration, data access, and computational modeling tools that speed up the drug discovery process. This technology allows scientists to run virtual experiments on massive compute grids and to analyze the resulting large dataset efficiently as a team.
Our product team is responsible for gathering a deep understanding of our customer’s problems and working closely with our engineering team to design software solutions to those problems.
Job Description / Responsibilities
The Product Manager plays a vital interdisciplinary role in helping the engineering teams stay organized, connected with the long term goals, and on track with the priorities and scientific mission of the product. This role provides hands-on, day-to-day access to the business direction/scientific functionality, and bridges the information gap between the technical and business worlds. An ideal candidate is highly organized with excellent communication skills, and has domain expertise to speak to both the scientific and technical functions. The responsibilities include helping evolve and prioritize user stories, facilitating the iterative feedback and testing cycles of features, and being the go-to individual for managing projects (e.g., communicating and managing the collective challenges, needs, and concerns across all teams on the project). This can range from helping engineering teams execute product launches, to asking questions and driving solutions to challenging problems in the product space.
- Proven track record of being highly organized, with excellent communication and documentation skills
- BS with 2+ years of research experience or MS/PhD in a life sciences field related to drug discovery (e.g., medicinal chemistry, biochemistry, or related fields)
- Experience with cheminformatic and/or molecular modeling software
- Experience managing technical challenges, risks, and scope
- Experience with cheminformatics based drug discovery in a pharmaceutical setting
- Experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry
- Knowledgeable in software development practices
- Experience designing or developing enterprise software
- Experience in working with distributed teams
- Experience with customer-facing roles
- Experience with project management
- Demonstrated experience leading small teams
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.