We are a rapidly growing life sciences company searching for counsel with initiative, determination and focus who will be a significant contributor to the Company’s business and corporate objectives. This role will report to the Chief Legal Officer and requires strong experience in corporate governance, corporate transactions and securities compliance. The individual we hire will work closely with several key groups across the company including the executive team, sales, business development, legal and finance teams and outside counsel in pursuit of the Company’s goals.
- Support strategic investment transactions and joint ventures from start to finish, including due diligence, drafting and negotiation of definitive documentation, coordinating of closing, and post-closing integration matters.
- Provide legal support on corporate finance matters, including equity offerings.
- Assist CLO with all corporate secretarial duties including preparation of Board and stockholder resolutions, minutes and other required materials.
- Provide legal advice and support on equity based compensation structures.
- Provide legal advice and support in a wide array of practice areas and special projects as needed including commercial transactions.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 5 years experience in securities, corporate governance, M&A including private and public equity offerings. Experience in the corporate securities practice of a strong law firm required; a combination of both law firm and in-house experience is ideal.
- Bachelor’s degree plus JD from an accredited law school; excellent academic credentials.
- Experience working in life sciences industry a big plus.
- Detailed understanding of applicable securities laws; significant experience advising clients regarding compliance.
- Managing complex corporate transactions and reporting requirements.
- Ability to effectively evaluate legal exposure, manage risk and develop creative, client-focused solutions to achieve business goals within appropriate legal guidelines.
- Hands-on, team oriented approach with flexibility and positive attitude.
- Ability to work quickly and well under pressure with minimal supervision.
- Adaptable, resourceful, driven, with a strong sense of ownership and dedication to personal excellence and constant improvement.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with strong attention to detail; strong contract drafting skills.
- Strong interest in exposure to and professional development in other practice areas relevant to a rapidly growing life sciences company.
- Willing to travel occasionally.
- Active membership in NY state bar.
We offer highly competitive compensation packages. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, tuition reimbursement and a flexible work environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.