We’re looking to hire a Drug Metabolism Pharmacokinetics Expert to join us in our mission to design drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run (156,000 cores!), and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. WaterMap, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Drug Discovery team, you’ll join over 60 designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, and biologists in an environment that is supported by a large-scale compute infrastructure and over 100 developers. You’ll supervise drug candidate design, define differentiation strategies, determine drug disposition mechanisms and target pharmacology, interpret toxicokinetic profiles, and establish human dose predictions. In the last seven years, four of the programs we’ve worked on have reached the clinic; we need you to help us advance the next drug candidate.
Who will love this job:
- An expert in pharmacokinetic (PK) and pharmacodynamic (PD) principles and PK/PD correlation
- An experienced manager of external studies at CROs who can monitor study execution and ensure finalization of study reports within set timelines
- A veteran of translational research, toxicology, IND-enabling studies, and early clinical development
- An interdisciplinary self-starter who’s comfortable working across a number of disease areas and shifting gears quickly
- An outstanding presenter
What you’ll do:
- Direct CRO to design and perform timely, cost-effective in vitro and in vivo ADME studies to identify key compounds for advancement
- Manage ADME data generation and interpretation for drug discovery programs
- Design and execute in vitro and in vivo studies to troubleshoot any ADME issues
- Collaborate with biologists to design and interpret in vivo efficacy studies in animal models to assess PK/PD correlation of drug candidates
- Participate in multidisciplinary team efforts to make decisions on compound and program progression
What you should have:
- PhD in pharmacokinetics or a related discipline
- At least eight years of drug discovery experience
- Experience in CNS drug discovery program
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.