We’re looking to hire a Crystal Structure Prediction Scientist to join us in our mission to discover and develop drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger is a leading provider of advanced molecular simulations and enterprise software solutions that accelerate and increase the efficiency of drug discovery and materials design. Schrödinger has a growing pipeline of early stage assets and has co-founded leading biotech companies, including Nimbus Therapeutics and Morphic Therapeutic. In addition, the company has deep partnerships and collaborations in fields such as biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, chemicals, and electronics. Through significant long-term investments in basic research, Schrödinger has made scientific breakthroughs across many areas of drug discovery and materials science.
Required qualifications include:
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, solid state physics, chemical physics, or related fields
- Extensive training in electronic structure calculations, statistical thermodynamics, and/or solid state physics
- Practical experience in applying enhanced sampling methods to complex chemical systems
- Experience in the design, development, and implementation of novel enhanced sampling protocols
- Peer-reviewed publications in statistical mechanics, computational chemistry, and/or chemical physics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Desirable qualifications include:
- Experience with modeling small molecule crystal structures
- Knowledge in crystallographic space group
- Expertise in drug formulation
- Experience in Unix/Linux, Python, and C/C++ programming
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401(k), pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work 2018.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.