Schrödinger seeks a motivated candidate and a results-oriented professional to join our team as a SOX Manager focusing on design, implementation, and management of our global SOX compliance program. The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience identifying and evaluating financial and technology risks, evaluating the design of internal controls, and managing a program that assesses the effectiveness of Internal Control over Financial Reporting, with the goal of achieving a high-level of operational excellence, minimizing deficiencies, and reducing risk to the company. In addition, the candidate will be detail-oriented and have the skills necessary to influence people. This is a new position within the company and will report to the Director of SEC Reporting.
- Design and manage SOX implementation for a newly public global company. This will include end-to-end SOX documentation and evidence collection and retention. Also maintain and recommend best-in-class controls, driving change throughout the processes
- Work closely with third party SOX consultants on design of control environment
- Prepare control owners for and support the annual SOX cycle of risk assessments, walkthroughs, and control refreshes
- Drive process discipline, provide expertise to ensure controls are properly constructed and teams are prepared to execute
- Assist in educating team members on best practices related to proper control execution, process design, and audit evidence
- Ability to keep ahead of trends to ensure team members are operating to the latest standards
- Lead SOX scoping and risk assessment through collaboration with cross-functional teams and stay up to date on significant business and process changes significantly impacting the design and operating effectiveness of controls
- Manage efforts to reduce the number of manual controls by working with IT and other teams to achieve automated controls and ITGCs over systems as needed
- Evaluate control deficiencies, and recommend appropriate remediation
- Deliver timely and concise communication, including providing updates on SOX status, trends, and deficiency remediation
- Assist in preparing executive management and Audit Committee materials highlighting overall SOX progress and results
- Act as a liaison between management and our external auditors
- As part of the responsibilities for this role, you will understand Schrödinger’s established corporate business practices, policies, internal controls, and procedures designed to create value or minimize risk.
- Proactively anticipate changing needs/opportunities in our SOX program
- 5+ years of audit and accounting related experience, preferably in the tech industry
- Experience in audit, SOX, and ITGCs a plus
- The ability to quickly develop strong working relationships
- A willingness to challenge status quo and drive continuous improvement through change
- The ability to effectively communicate points-of-view and recommendations to key stakeholders
- Proven organizational and project management skills
- Process improvement expertise in business processes and systems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.