We’re looking to hire an Internal Sales Account Manager to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run (156,000 cores), and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. WaterMap, LiveDesign, and the Materials Science Suite are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
As a member of our Sales team, you’ll sell Schrödinger’s software and services in the North American and international markets, engaging our prospective customers and qualifying them for further business opportunities. In addition, you’ll manage a number of existing Schrödinger customers, including universities and biotech companies. You’ll also work closely with members of our Services, Marketing, and Development teams to develop strategies for account growth, prepare proposals, and share customer needs and successes. Your office will be located in Portland or San Diego.
Who will love this job:
- An ambitious, talented, and quick-thinking salesperson who’s excited about interacting with customers on a daily basis and working with colleagues to exceed revenue targets
- An experienced account manager who has an excellent track record of quota and goal achievement
- An excellent verbal and written communicator who has superb interpersonal skills
- A great listener and team player who’s willing to share ideas and take direction
What you’ll do:
- Manage existing academic and small- to medium-sized commercial accounts
- Follow up on inquiries generated through web and marketing programs
- Prospect, develop, and qualify new opportunities for yourself and colleagues
- Work closely with the Application Scientists team to qualify prospects, answer technical questions, and conduct product demonstrations
- Attend occasional scientific conferences and team training events
- Maintain detailed records of calls and information requests in Sales database
- Expand your knowledge of the industry and the competitive position of the company
What you should have:
- Bachelor’s degree in a life science
- At least two years of sales experience in the scientific software industry (preferably chemistry or biology)
- Experience with customer relationship management databases
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.