Schrödinger, a science and technology leader with 30 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations, seeks a Materials Science Developer to create application-focused software tools for advanced materials.
We’re seeking someone with a master's degree or doctorate in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering or physics, with strong interest in software development. We would also consider someone with less scientific background but stronger development skills.
Who will love this job:
- A quantum mechanical and/or molecular dynamics simulation expert
- A GUI professional with a background in materials science
- An independent self-starter who understands object-oriented software development and loves collaborative coding (Python required, C/C++ a plus)
- An excellent verbal communicator with great practical computer skills
- A fast learner who’s enthusiastic about picking up new concepts in a variety of computational chemistry programs
What you’ll do:
- Implement scientific workflows
- Design and create data and results viewers
- Maintain existing code base
- Contribute scientifically to novel methodologies
- Deliver commercial solutions in a timely fashion
What you’ll need:
- A PhD in Materials Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with writing scientific software
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.