Schrödinger, a science and technology leader with 30 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations, seeks a Materials Science Developer to create application-focused software tools for advanced materials.
We’re seeking someone with a master's degree or doctorate in materials science, chemistry, chemical engineering or physics, with strong interest in software development. We would also consider someone with less scientific background but stronger development skills.
Who will love this job:
- A quantum mechanical and/or molecular dynamics simulation expert
- A GUI professional with a background in materials science
- An independent self-starter who understands object-oriented software development and loves collaborative coding (Python required, C/C++ a plus)
- An excellent verbal communicator with great practical computer skills
- A fast learner who’s enthusiastic about picking up new concepts in a variety of computational chemistry programs
What you’ll do:
- Implement scientific workflows
- Design and create data and results viewers
- Maintain existing code base
- Contribute scientifically to novel methodologies
- Deliver commercial solutions in a timely fashion
What you’ll need:
- A PhD in Materials Science, Engineering, or a related field
- Experience with writing scientific software
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us! We offer highly competitive compensation packages to exceptionally well-qualified candidates. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement. Salary negotiable.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.