We’re looking to hire a Materials Science Education Specialist to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 25 years of experience developing software solutions for quantum mechanics, molecular dynamics, and machine learning-based chemical simulation and prediction.
This position could be performed from New York, Portland, or San Diego.
Who will love this job:
- An accomplished molecular modeler with a broad knowledge of materials science theory and applications
- A materials scientist who’s familiar with research and workflows in the field
- An excellent communicator and presenter with superb organizational skills and problem-solving abilities
- A creative people person who enjoys problem-solving and the coordination of events
- A strong team player who is self-motivated and manages their own time well
- A motivated educator with a deep affinity for scientific communication
- A skilled video software editor
- An enthusiastic traveler
What you’ll do:
- Provide pre- and post-sales software support and training, including demonstration of optimal use of our materials science software suite and providing general scientific guidance
- Create and update content for tutorials, workshops, and online courses
- Engage in cutting edge scientific research, both internal and in collaborations
- Publish scientific papers and present at conferences
What you should have:
- PhD or MS in materials science, physics, or a related field
- Extensive experience with the application of at least one of the following groups of simulation methods for materials or complex chemicals:
- Quantum mechanics
- Molecular dynamics
- Coarse-grained simulations
- Machine/deep learning, chemical informatics, and data analysis
- Experience with teaching scientific concepts to a broad audience
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
In addition to a resume in PDF format, please provide a cover letter explaining why you think you would be a great fit for the Education team.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.