We’re looking to hire a Director of IT Operations to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
As the director of our IT Operations team, you’ll play a crucial role in shaping the future of Schrödinger’s IT strategy. In partnership with the Chief Information Officer, you’ll develop and manage Schrödinger’s operations policies and procedures. You will also be a key part of the IT team’s effort to help scientists accelerate research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. We’re looking to hire someone with a managerial background and a broad technical competency who understands how to effectively lead a team.
Who will love this job:
- An excellent communicator with strong people skills
- A motivated leader who values teamwork and initiative
- An analytical thinker who understands modern technologies and tools
- An experienced manager with a positive, professional demeanor
What you’ll do:
- Lead the global IT operations team & IT service delivery
- Work with IT senior leadership to establish and execute team goals
- Communicate with CIO and work with operations team to prioritize and plan projects
- Identify and execute on innovations and improvements
- Lead team meetings and manage day-to-day task coordination
- Supervise and enable the success and development of assigned staff through constructive criticism
What you’ll need:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5+ years of experience managing a technical team
- Creative, forward-thinking energy
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with general budget management preferred
Pay and Perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.