Schrödinger is a science and technology leader with over 30 years of experience providing solutions for atomic-scale modeling and physics-based chemical simulations.
We’re searching for an experienced Organic Electronic Materials Simulations Scientist to work closely with internal and external collaborators using first-principles simulations, molecular dynamics, and machine learning to analyze and model organic semiconductor materials and processes in optoelectronic devices. This role will involve delivering presentations to customers, leading technical discussions, validating new computational methods, writing high-impact scientific publications, training, and helping customers solve challenging scientific and engineering problems. Additionally, this position provides a critical link between our customers and Schrödinger software developers, sales, and marketing, providing feedback on technology requirements, feature enhancements, and use-case scenarios.
The role can be performed from New York or Portland.
- Ph.D. in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or Physics
- Expertise in the application of atomistic-level modeling to solve real-world problems in materials science
- Experience in applying 2+ types of computational techniques (quantum, atomistic, coarse-grained, or machine-learning) to organic electronic materials
- Ability to pick up concepts in a variety of computational chemistry programs
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Capability of conducting independent research
- Proven research track record with publications in simulation applied to organic electronics
- Experience collaborating on a team of diverse scientists
- Python programming proficiency
- High-performance computing experience
- Willingness to travel to customer sites for meetings
- Understanding of technology issues and industrial R&D via direct experience
- Strong knowledge of materials science applications in area of materials for OLED, OPV or OTFT
Pay and Perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.