Schrödinger, a leader in the field of computational biochemistry, is seeking a research engineer to tackle problems from a data based perspective. This position will tackle problems dealing with DNA, RNA, small molecule design, materials design and or quantum physics. Previous experience in these domains is not required, but an interest in learning is.
The ideal candidate will have a strong grasp of software development fundamentals, along with an interest in learning more about both new cutting-edge technologies and the Chemistry, Biology, and Physics problems that our software helps to solve.
Come join our team in our mission to improve human health and quality of life!
- Collaborate closely within an interdisciplinary team composed of scientists, developers, and drug hunters to deliver new research that meet business and product goals
- Given a clean slate, figure out whether an idea has merit and help the team decide whether to develop it into a full feature
- Exercise your own judgment along with support from teammates to architect and implement proof of concept solutions
- Participate in a code reviewing environment that encourages learning and high code quality
- Knowledge of basic statistics
- Ability to work with multi-dimensional data and solve data munging problems with python
- B.S., M.S. or Ph.D. in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Machine Learning, Mathematics, Physics or Chemistry
Experience with most of these...
- Running independent projects end to end
- Self-directed research
- Wading Through Technical Domains to get to the “Real Problem”
- Proficient interpersonal skills (oral/verbal communication), complemented by an ability to collaborate in a team environment
- Enthusiasm for solving interesting problems and a willingness to learn new technologies
- Tensorflow, Pytorch, pandas and sklearn
- Source control (GIT, SVN, etc)
- Continuous Integration
- Experience with large scale distributed computing (pbs, slurm, Distributed Computing)
- Experience building a system that operated on greater than 10 machines
- Familiar with log processing and data analysis
- Science minor or independent interest (chemistry, physics, biology, or related)
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. We have catered meals in the office every day, a company culture that is relaxed but engaged, and over a month of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events. New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world. Schrödinger is honored to have been selected as one of Crain's New York Best Places to Work in 2018 and 2019.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.