We’re looking to hire an Education Specialist with a focus on documentation to join us in our mission to design drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life.
As a member of our Education team, you’ll have the unique opportunity to teach scientists across the globe about the exciting potential of computational drug and materials discovery. We’ll give you the tools you need to help chemists, biologists, and physicists more efficiently conduct creative research, and to blaze trails that criss-cross academia and the biotechnology industry.
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run, and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials. WaterMap, Maestro, and LiveDesign are just a few examples of the programs we’ve created.
Who will love this job:
- A computational chemist, biochemist, or biophysicist whose first love is written communication or a technical writer who loves learning about computational chemistry, biochemistry, and biophysics
- A problem-solver who enjoys creating processes and paying attention to detail
- A quick thinker who can pick up concepts and ideas on the fly
- A self-motivated organizer with impeccable time-management and interpersonal skills
- A great team player who can also work independently
- A passionate science writer who wants a career outside of academia and governmental agencies
- A content editor who’s experienced with Flare, Camtasia, Confluence, and/or Jira
- An excellent writer and speaker who enjoys clarifying science and processes for others
What you’ll do:
- Work with Schrödinger Support and Development teams
- Design and organize content to communicate the details of Schrödinger tools
- Engage in meaningful scientific discussions with internal teams
- Gain in-depth familiarity with our entire suite of small-molecule, biologics, and materials science software, including packages for docking, molecular simulations, homology modeling, pharmacophore modeling, cheminformatics, and quantum mechanics
- Distill information from a variety of sources and help users to answer their own questions
What you should have:
- A Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, physics or a related field or technical writing experience with a scientific background
- Interest in small-molecule drug discovery
- Experience with molecular modeling software tools
- Experience with technical and/or scientific writing
Pay and perks:
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us! We offer highly competitive compensation packages to exceptionally well-qualified candidates. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement. Salary negotiable.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.