Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group of over 60 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists with experience working on all common target classes and therapeutic areas. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers as well as a large scale compute infrastructure. Four of the programs we’ve worked on in the past 7 years have progressed into the clinic; three are still progressing through trials and one is approved by the FDA.
We are looking for an experienced Senior External Research Lead to provide senior technical expertise across multiple drug discovery programs and therapeutic areas, drive contract research organization (CRO) evaluation and selection, and provide project management.
- Responsible for identifying and evaluating pharmacology capabilities at CROs for execution of biological assays.
- Responsible for managing CROs regarding experimental design, implementation and execution of in vitro biological assays (biophysical, biochemical and cell-based) and in vivo testing in support of drug discovery projects
- Single point of contact for logistics/scheduling activities with CROs to ensure timely execution on projects
- Travel domestically or internationally to CROs (10-20% of total time)
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Ph.D. in biochemistry, cell biology, pharmacology or related field with 8+ years relevant pharmaceutical or biotech drug discovery experience
- Experience in assay design, validation and scale-up in oncology, immunology, immuno-oncology, autoimmunity, etc.
- 4+ years of experience working with CROs on in vitro biological assays (biophysical, biochemical, and cell-based) and in vivo testing in support of drug discovery projects
- Demonstrated past performance in project management with CROs contributing to project advancement/completion
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Skilled at working in a multidisciplinary environment
- Experience building capability, both internally within own organization and externally with a range of partners
- Experience in identifying high value therapeutic targets in multiple disease areas, based on evaluation of biological rationale, tractability and competitive landscape
- Comfortable working across a number of disease areas and able to shift gears quickly. Must be open to change and the unknown with a creative and resourceful nature; a self-starter, proactive and results-oriented with high performance standards.
We are prepared to offer a highly competitive compensation package and a flexible work environment for an exceptionally well-qualified candidate. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.