We’re looking to hire a Systems Administrator to join us in our mission to improve human health and quality of life through the development, distribution, and application of advanced computational methods!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science, collaborating with companies like Takeda, Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We set the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run (156,000 cores), and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As a member of our IT and Operations team, you’ll play a crucial role in the maintenance and development of Schrödinger’s infrastructure. By building solutions in a highly collaborative environment, you’ll help scientists accelerate their research and development activities, reduce costs, and make novel discoveries that wouldn’t otherwise be possible. We’re looking to hire someone with a strong systems background who understands not only what to do, but why to do it.
Who will love this job:
- A Linux aficionado who’s also familiar with Mac and Windows
- A systems architecture and troubleshooting whiz
- An automation fanatic with great Python/bash skills
- An innovator who’s willing to take initiative
- An excellent communicator and team-player
What you’ll do:
- Build and maintain modern IT infrastructure in AWS, GCP and ESX
- Linux system administration using Ansible, Salt and Git
- Utilize modern directory infrastructure tech such as SAML, Okta, LDAP and AD
- Answer JIRA tickets from Schrödinger scientists and developers
- Work with senior IT team members on new project implementations
What you’ll need:
- Systems administration background in a Linux environment
- Familiarity with Python/bash
- 2+ years of IT experience
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us! We offer highly competitive compensation packages to exceptionally well-qualified candidates. Benefits include medical, dental, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, and tuition reimbursement. Salary negotiable.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, disability, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, marital status, partnership status, caregiver status, sexual and reproductive health decisions, gender identity or expression, or sexual orientation. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.