Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is looking for a systems specialist who will work directly with top-tier customers, scientists, and developers to deploy, configure, and tune the company's high-end suite of molecular modeling and informatics applications and related systems. This position involves maintaining Schrödinger’s internal scientific computing resources and presents an exciting opportunity to work with highly-skilled individuals within challenging software environments.
The ideal candidate is an excellent problem-solver, fast learner, and great communicator. This person also has plenty of motivation to learn and the tenacity required to accomplish the team's mission.
- Ensure that our software performs optimally in the customer environment (ranging from smaller scale desktop environments to sophisticated HPC and cloud environments)
- Work closely with our top-tier customers on the installation, configuration, and update/maintenance of on-site installations
- Work with our global IT team to support and improve Schrödinger’s internal infrastructure
- Provide local IT support for Schrödinger colleagues
- Design optimal deployment strategies
- Work with product managers and developers to improve the deployment and configuration aspects of Schrödinger’s core modeling software suite
- Experience in Linux system administration including good skills in at least one script language (e.g., bash, python)
- Good knowledge about technologies used in desktop and HPC environments (e.g. distributed resource management systems, high-performance interconnects, application deployment systems, networking)
- Experience with performance assessment/management under Linux and Windows
- Excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting abilities (remote as well as on-site)
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to travel
- Fluency in English
- Experience with IT environments in the pharmaceutical or other scientific industry
- Experience with Windows system administration
- Cloud computing experience
- GPGPU computing experience
- French or German language skills, while not necessary, would be useful
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company’s mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of such identifiers as as race, color, gender, religion or belief, disability, age, or sexual orientation, for example. To us, “diversity” isn’t just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. Greater diversity doesn’t just mean better headlines or public images—it means increased adaptability and profitability.