Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is seeking a computational scientist with outstanding skills in developing molecular dynamics and free energy calculation related methods for biomolecular simulations. The ideal candidate is a scientist experienced in the application, development, and refinement of a broad range of free energy calculation techniques, especially those geared toward understanding protein-ligand binding, protein conformational reorganization and the electrostatic interactions in biomolecular simulations. The candidate should also have a demonstrated ability to design, implement, and validate novel free energy calculation protocols.
Required qualifications include:
- Ph.D. in computational chemistry, chemical physics, or related fields
- Unix/Linux, C/C++, and Python experience
- Extensive training in statistical mechanics and thermodynamics
- Peer-reviewed publications in statistical mechanics, computational chemistry, and/or chemical physics
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
Desirable qualifications include:
- Expertise in the treatment of protein flexibility
- Expertise in constant pH molecular dynamics simulations
- Expertise in electrostatic interactions in MD simulations
- Experience in the design, development, and implementation of novel free energy calculation protocols
- Experience with protein-ligand docking
- Experience with force field development
- Experience with partial charge assignment methods
Specific knowledge of any of these areas is less critical than outstanding research and development skills, and a track record of innovative accomplishment.
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. Our company culture is relaxed but engaged, and we have four weeks of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.