Drug Discovery Associate
Schrödinger’s mission is to revolutionize drug discovery through the use of breakthrough computational methods. We are currently looking for outstanding individuals to join our drug discovery group and contribute to our rapidly expanding portfolio of drug discovery collaborations.
Our drug discovery group of over 40 scientists includes designers, modelers, computational chemists, medicinal chemists, crystallographers, biochemists, and biologists. The group is supported by more than 100 software developers and engineers. Three of the programs we’ve worked on in the past 5 years have progressed into the clinic and an additional one is expected to enter clinical trials next year.
If you are an early career scientist with an interest in combining science and technology on drug discovery projects, we are eager to hear from you.
- Participate in drug discovery group projects
- Prepare and maintain drug discovery group chemical database content
- Research, curate, and prepare computational chemistry data sets
- Launch and monitor computational chemistry jobs
- Compile, analyze, and summarize results
Essential Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in chemistry, biology, or biochemistry
- Successful completion of at least one year of organic chemistry coursework
- Practical experience:
- Analyzing chemistry journal articles
- Working with Unix and/or Linux
- Scripting (e.g. shell, Python, Perl)
- Ability to work independently
- Motivated learner: willingness to take on new challenges and the ability to adapt rapidly to changing directions
- Basic understanding of enzyme inhibition and receptor agonism/antagonism
- Experience with:
- Databases (ChemFinder, Access, Oracle, SQL)
- Scientific Python packages (e.g. pandas, numpy, scipy, matplotlib)
- Computational chemistry, cheminformatics, or bioinformatics experience
- Cellular biology, molecular biology, or immunology experience
We offer highly competitive compensation packages. Benefits include medical, dental, vision, 401(k), flexible spending account, 4+ weeks vacation, tuition reimbursement and a flexible work environment.
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.