Schrödinger, a technology leader specializing in software solutions for life science research and development, is searching for an Applications Scientist for our Indian team.
Our Applications Scientists use Schrödinger's computational chemistry software to address challenging problems in pharmaceutical research and consult our customers about the application of modeling tools. Responsibilities include providing scientific expertise for our software to prospective and existing customers (including demonstrating optimal use of our Life Sciences Suite through demos), training and modeling services, engaging in internal and external research projects for publication, and giving presentations at scientific conferences.
Applications Scientists become familiar with our entire suite of structure-based and ligand-based software, including packages for docking, molecular simulations, free energy calculations, homology modeling, pharmacophore modeling, cheminformatics, and quantum mechanics. A strong background in molecular modeling and computational chemistry with application to biological problems is highly desired. Exceptional communication skills, an outgoing personality, and a willingness to travel are required. Experience working on drug discovery projects is desirable.
- PhD in computational chemistry or biophysics plus experience with pharmaceutical applications of molecular modeling software tools
- A broad knowledge of molecular modeling theory and applications
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills
- Strong problem-solving abilities
- Ability to conduct independent research
- Excellent English skills, spoken and written
- Post-doctoral research and/or relevant experience in the commercial sector
- Python programming experience