We’re looking to hire a PyMOL Software Engineer to join us in our mission to design drugs that improve human health and materials that increase quality of life!
Schrödinger is on the cutting edge of computer-aided drug discovery and materials science. Our proud investors include Bill Gates and David Shaw, whose support has enabled us to collaborate with companies like Nimbus, Pfizer, and Sanofi. We hold the record for the largest and fastest cloud computing run (156,000 cores!), and our software suites continue to revolutionize the design of therapeutics and materials.
As part of the PyMOL team, you’ll play an integral role in the creation and maintenance of our software, in addition to supporting its users. We’ll give you the tools you need to go in a number of different directions: the department has projects pending in many areas, including PyMOL open source, product management, documentation and training, and graphics, frontend, and core software development.
Who will love this job:
- A software engineer who’s excited about interfacing with customers
- An expert in protein chemistry, homology modeling, or chemoinformatics libraries
- A technologist familiar with git, PyQt, OpenGL, Python, valgrind, conda, and/or bash
- A computer scientist who has experience with graphics and/or GUI development
- A humanitarian who cares deeply about improving human health
- A great team player who’s also comfortable working independently
What you’ll do:
- Actively contribute to the design, implementation, and testing of our software
- Maintain legacy code
- Answer users’ questions about our software
What you should have:
- Ability to write Python and C++ code that is well-designed, modular, maintainable, testable, and documented (experience with numpy and scipy are a plus!)
- Significant experience in the Life Sciences: M.S., or higher, in a relevant field (Chemistry, Biology, Bioinformatics, Structural Biology, Chemistry) or proven record
Pay and perks:
Schrödinger understands that it’s people that make a company great. Because of this, we’re prepared to offer a competitive salary, stock options, and a wide range of benefits that include healthcare (with dental and vision), a 401k, pre-tax commuter benefits, a flexible work schedule, and a parental leave program. Our company culture is relaxed but engaged, and we have four weeks of paid vacation time. Our Administrative and Human Resources departments also plan a myriad of fun company-wide events - last summer we went tubing down the Delaware River! New York is home to our largest office, but we have teams all over the world.
Sound exciting? Apply today and join us!
As an equal opportunity employer, Schrödinger hires outstanding individuals into every position in the company. People who work with us have a high degree of engagement, a commitment to working effectively in teams, and a passion for the company's mission. We place the highest value on creating a safe environment where our employees can grow and contribute, and refuse to discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious belief, sex, age, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, union status, sexual orientation, or gender identity. To us, "diversity" isn't just a buzzword, but an important element of our core principles and key business practices. We believe that diverse companies innovate better and think more creatively than homogenous ones because they take into account a wide range of viewpoints. For us, greater diversity doesn't mean better headlines or public images - it means increased adaptability and profitability.