About the Company
With more than a decade of successful experience teaching music, School of Rock is the national leader in music education for kids and adults. Students learn from professional musicians in an interactive environment combining weekly private lessons and structured group rehearsals with the ultimate goal of performing live in front of real crowds. We teach guitar, drums, keyboards, vocals and bass. School of Rock is a franchisor and operator of music schools with more than 200 locations worldwide and growing rapidly. We employ thousands of musicians across the world, in addition to employing innovative and passionate business people at our National office, and partnering with franchise owners who are successful business people and leaders in their communities.
About the Job
The Director, IT, will report to the VP of Knowledge Management and Engagement, and will be responsible for overseeing all of School of Rock’s technology devices and systems. School of Rock is looking for passionate performers who demonstrate creativity, adaptability, attention to detail, and a high level of customer focus. The School of Rock IT team is small and agile, and this position will allow for and encourage personal and professional growth.
- Help form strategies and priorities as it pertains to new and ongoing projects or initiatives that intersect with technology.
- Manage strategic and operational planning to achieve business goals by prioritizing IT initiatives and deploying transformational business technologies.
- Own IT processes across security, operations, applications and propose improvements.
- Oversee and administer all technology platforms that are used corporately, by our schools, by our franchisees, and by our customers, ensuring they remain best in class.
- Ensure that technologies implemented meet their respective departments’ strategic and operational needs and that adequate communication, training and ongoing user support is provided
- Work closely on projects with other teams within School of Rock to execute on deliverables related to technology.
- Effectively manage School of Rock’s growing IT team, currently comprised of two full-time employees.
- Manage our Help Desk team and overall IT support experience, streamlining productivity and delineating responsibilities.
- Manage vendor relationships, including handling of contract renewals, for all of School of Rock’s technology vendors.
- Ensure documentation and reference material for our Help Center is created and maintained.
Skills and Experience Required:
- 8 or more years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with modern, SaaS-based corporate IT.
- Administration of cloud based systems and platforms, especially G Suite.
- Must be able to think strategically and plan effectively, but also have a detail-oriented, hands-on approach.
- Ability to continually stay on top of the latest industry products and technologies.
- Exceptional business understanding and ability to translate business needs into an efficient technology roadmap.
- Strong ability to translate between business and technology teams.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams.
- Strong leadership skills managing business initiatives and cross-functional teams.
- Is able to relate to end-users by demonstrating empathy where appropriate.
- A passion for education and rock music!
Skills and Experience not Required but are a Plus:
- Experience negotiating vendor contracts.
- Experience managing a department budget.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Excel and/or Google Sheets.
- HTML/CSS knowledge and experience.
This a full-time position (40 hours per week), salaried position. Salary is competitive and we do offer benefits.