Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on creating a robust pipeline of product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia. Our proprietary platform is built upon newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation, which has led to the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation and is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
We are also advancing SRK-181, a highly specific inhibitor of TGFβ1 activation, into clinical development with plans to initiate a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors in mid-2020. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to treat tumors resistant to checkpoint blockade therapy, such as anti-PD(L)1 antibodies.
Summary of Position:
Scholar Rock is seeking an outstanding individual with assay development experience to join Scholar Rock’s research and development team. The successful candidate will support discovery biology projects by developing cell-based assays and performing mechanism-of-action studies to evaluate novel antibodies that specifically modulate the function of disease-causing growth factors in such therapeutic areas as fibrosis, musculoskeletal diseases, and oncology.
- Develop and execute phenotypic and functional cell-based assays in support of exploratory stage projects.
- Support discovery stage projects by performing sample analysis from in vivo studies.
- Maintain detailed records of experimental protocols and data in laboratory notebooks in accordance with company policy.
- Analyze, interpret and report experimental results in a small group setting.
- BA/BS or MS in cell or molecular biology, biochemistry or related field with 2+ years of experience in drug discovery research.
- Candidates must have experience designing, developing, and performing mammalian cell-based functional assays.
- Experience with western blotting, ELISA, qPCR and other standard analytical techniques is also required.
- Experience with stable mammalian cell line generation is a plus.
- Experience working with biologics or antibodies is desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, including experimental design and execution, in a fast-paced team oriented environment.
- Be able to troubleshoot problems and propose creative solutions.
- Strong communication skills, written and oral.
- Ability to succeed in a small, interactive, ambitious and entrepreneurial drug-discovery environment.
- Have a strong work ethic and high level of motivation.
- Have flexibility and the ability to work in a matrix-managed research environment.
Scholar Rock is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.