Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on creating a robust pipeline of product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia. Our proprietary platform is built upon newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation, which has led to the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level.
Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is a highly specific inhibitor of myostatin activation and is currently being evaluated in a Phase 2 proof-of-concept trial for the treatment of patients with Type 2 and Type 3 Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA). SRK-015 has received Orphan Drug Designation in both the US and EU.
We are also advancing SRK-181, a highly specific inhibitor of TGFβ1 activation, into clinical development with plans to initiate a Phase 1 trial in patients with solid tumors in mid-2020. We believe SRK-181 has the potential to treat tumors resistant to checkpoint blockade therapy, such as anti-PD(L)1 antibodies.
Summary of Position:
The Laboratory Operations Assistant will support laboratory scientists in the pursuit of new therapeutics with the potential to change patients’ lives. The candidate will be an essential part of maintaining a highly functional research lab in the biotech industry.
- Assist scientists and facilities team in conducting laboratory support tasks as needed.
- Stock and control inventory for the research lab.
- Prepare reagents as needed.
- Prepare laboratory glassware for use by the scientists.
- Perform routine maintenance lab maintenance including daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance
- Perform daily laboratory activities including glasswash, defrosting freezers, monitoring of incubators, etc. Bleach and empty waste containers as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Follow instructions defined in SOPs.
- Well organized. Ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Minimum HS diploma or BS in a Biological or Life Science; relevant lab experience is preferred