Scholar Rock is a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company focused on the discovery and development of innovative medicines for the treatment of serious diseases in which signaling by protein growth factors plays a fundamental role. We are creating a pipeline of novel product candidates with the potential to transform the lives of patients suffering from a wide range of serious diseases, including neuromuscular disorders, cancer, fibrosis and anemia.
Scholar Rock’s newly elucidated understanding of the molecular mechanisms of growth factor activation enabled it to develop a proprietary platform for the discovery and development of monoclonal antibodies that locally and selectively target these signaling proteins at the cellular level. By developing product candidates that act in the disease microenvironment, we intend to avoid the historical challenges associated with inhibiting growth factors for therapeutic effect. Our lead product candidate, SRK-015, is being developed for the treatment of patients with Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA).
Summary of Position:
The Laboratory Operations Assistant will support laboratory scientists in the pursuit of new therapeutics with the potential to change patients’ lives. The candidate will be an essential part of maintaining a highly functional research lab in the biotech industry.
- Assist scientists and facilities team in conducting laboratory support tasks as needed.
- Stock and control inventory for the research lab.
- Prepare reagents as needed.
- Prepare laboratory glassware for use by the scientists.
- Perform routine maintenance lab maintenance including daily, weekly, monthly and as needed equipment maintenance
- Perform daily laboratory activities including glasswash, defrosting freezers, monitoring of incubators, etc. Bleach and empty waste containers as needed.
- Demonstrate commitment to quality and continuous improvement.
- Follow instructions defined in SOPs.
- Well organized. Ability to learn new tasks in appropriate timeframes.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly
- Minimum HS diploma or BS in a Biological or Life Science; relevant lab experience is preferred